ARC Review - Faded by Julie Johnson

2018. április 17., kedd








Sziasztok!


Megérkeztünk nyereményjáték hetünk következő állomásával, bár egy kicsit késve de Julie Johnson Faded Duet sorozatának első részéről a Faded-ről hoz Genevieve egy értékelést. 



Fülszöveg


I was never supposed to be famous. 

I was a lyricist, not a singer. 

Certainly not a star. 

Too bad none of that seemed to matter to a rock-god like Ryder Woods. 

He didn’t just want my words — he wanted everything. 
And he took it. 
My songs. My voice. My goddamned soul
Between those haunting bedroom eyes and that heart-stopping grin, I never stood a chance. I was pulled into his orbit like a rogue meteor passing a sun. 
The problem is, if you get too close to a star… 
You’re bound to get burned.

FADED is the first installment of a sexy, emotional duet about a jaded rock star and a starry-eyed songwriter. UNFADED, the second installment, will be released on May 2, 2018. Pre-order it now! Please note: due to sex, drugs, and rock & roll, this duet is recommended for readers ages 16 and up.


Genevieve értékelése

Szeretem Julie Johnson történeteit, de azt hiszem a Faded egy kiemelkedő kedvencem lett. Olvasás közben végig éreztem hogy igen, ezt a könyvet nekem írták.


A cselekmény szépen fokozatosan lett felépítve, főszereplőink nem tapadnak egymásra ész nélkül.

Minden akkor kezdődött mikor Felicity hátrahagyott mindent és útnak indult Nashville városába egy gitárral és táskával a kezében. Már az első pár oldalon utalást érzünk egy háttérben lappangó titokra, de ki tudja mikor tudjuk meg mi az.

Aztán betekintést kapunk egy bárba ami a valaha élt leghíresebb zenészek és énekesek ugródeszkája és mellesleg Felicity új munkahelye, ez lenne a The Nightingale. Pezsgő világával, a legcsodálatosabb dallamokkal és Ryder Woods-al kápráztat el bennünket. Nem túlzok ha azt mondom nem csak pörgettem a lapokat hanem éreztem a zene ritmusát
Egyébként nagyon érdekes hogy Ryder karaktere olyan mintha megpróbálná másnak mutatni magát mint amilyen. Bunkó embernek gondolja megát, de 1-2 ilyen jelenettel találkoztam csupán az egész könyvben és így bátran kijelenthetem hogy NEM AZ. 
Felicity súlyos terhet cipel a hátán ezt az első soroknál is érezhetjük de csak utalásokat kapunk titkára.
Mások talán klisének tartanák főszereplőink első találkozását de szerintem ez így volt rendjén. Elmondhatom hogy rengeteg hasonló témájú, műfajú könyvet olvastam már DE valahogy ez akkor is más volt. 
Őket tényleg egymásnak teremtették, de sajnos általában ez túl szép hogy igaz legyen és közbeszól a való világ. Az a hely ahol bizony komoly döntéseket kell hoznunk amelyek nem minden esetben bizonyulnak helyesnek. 

A kérdés hogy képesek vagyunk-e meghozni azt a döntés amely számunkra a legjobb? 
Meddig van erőnk menekülni a múlt árnyai elől és mikor jön el az idő hogy szembenézzünk velük?

Remélem mihamarabb olvashatom a következő részt is 😊

Utáltam: Adamet, ő annyira bunkó, szerintem egy kisfőnöknek nem kellene ennyire ellengésnek lennie. A másik pedig Lacey, egy cukorkába csomagolt számító nő.

Szerettem: Isaac a bár tulajdonosa, Carly a pincércsaj és persze Felicity és Ryder 😘

Genevieve review in English

I like Julie Johnson's stories, but I think Faded has become my favorite. While I was reading, I felt that this book was written for me.

The plot was built up gradually, the protagonists do not stick to each other without reason.

It all started when Felicity left everything behind and went to Nashville with a guitar and a bag in his hand.

On the first couple of page we feel that there is a latent secret in the background, but who knows when do we get to know what actually it is?

Then we get an insight at a bar which was the springboard of the most famous musicians and singers who ever lived, and now by the way it is Felicity's new workplace; this would be The Nightingale. We are dazzled by the bustling life, the most amazing melodies and Ryder Woods. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I’m not only turning the pages, but also I can feel the rhythm of the music.

And, by the way, I find it very interesting that Ryder's character seems like he pretend to be other than he is. He thinks of himself as a jerk, but apart from one or two scenes in the whole book, I can frankly declare that HE IS NOT.

Felicity is carrying a heavy load on her back, we can feel this from the first lines, but we only get references to her secret.

Others might think the first encounter of our protagonists is a cliché, but as for me that was okay.

I can say that I have read a lot of books of that kind, but it was different.

They were really made for each other, but unfortunately it is usually too good to be true, and the real world intervenes. This is the place where we have to make serious decisions that are not always correct.

The question is whether we would be able to make the decision which would be the best for us.

I hope I can read the next part as soon as possible.

I hate: Adam, he is so jerk, I think he should not be so hostile. The other is Lacey, a calculating woman in disguise.


I love: Isaac, the owner of the bar, Carly, the waitress, and of course Felicity and Ryder.



Megfejtéseiteket a gcksbookreviewblog@gmail.com e-mail címre várjuk!

XoXo
Genevieve


Nincsenek megjegyzések

Megjegyzés küldése

Copyright © GCK's Book Review Blog. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co