ARC Review - A.C.H.E. by M. Never

2018. május 23., szerda








Sziasztok!

Ma M.Never A.C.H.E. könyvének értékelésével érkeztem. A borító eszméletlen lett a cím szintúgy. A történet erős 4 csillag.


A. C. H. E.


Fülszöveg

A is for ache. 
C is for choice. 
H is for his. 
E is for Everly. 

I have always gotten the short end of the stick when it came to my personal life. Drug addicted mother, obsessive step father, shitty upbringing, and one soul shattering, heart-wrenching relationship. 

But everything changed when I met Alec Prescott. I couldn’t stand the cocky hotshot lawyer at first, but after assisting him on one case, my opinion changed drastically. He became the beginning I so desperately needed, even if romantic relations at work are completely forbidden. 

Unfortunately, falling in love with a co-worker is the least of my problems. Funny thing about the past, it’s never truly far away. No matter how fast you run from it, or how hard you try to suppress it, it’s there, lingering like a fog, blinding your vision, impacting your decisions, affecting your life. 

That’s where Tage Andrews comes in. He’s the heartache I can never outrun. The man who saved me from my past all while pillaging my emotions. I want to avoid reliving it—avoid him—but he’s always there, lingering like a fog, blinding my vision, impacting my decisions, affecting my life. 

This is my paradoxical predicament. 
Two men. 
One choice. 
Inevitable heartbreak.


A.C.H.E. is an angsty, fast-paced, romantic suspense with ménage themes. Reader discretion is advised.


Genevieve értékelése

Az első 100 oldalt kifejezetten élveztem, izgalmas és vággyal teli. Érezhető hogy valami még hiányzik ahhoz hogy kerek legyen a történet. Alec és Ever között nagyon rövid időn belül szoros kötelék alakult ki. De mi legyen Tage-el, Ever tinédzserkori szerelmével aki időközönként újra- és újra felbukkan. Hány év kell ahhoz hogy elfelejtsük és megbocsássuk annak az embernek az árulását akit a legjobban szerettünk?! Na igen itt kezdődnek a problémáim. Ever nem választ, de miért is kéne? Megkaphatja mindkettőt, csak ennek kivitelezését tudnám kifogásolni. Pedig több 100 hasonló könyvet olvastam már és azok teljesen más érzést váltottak ki belőlem. Be kell valljam elzárkóztam és innentől kezdve hármójuk személyes kapcsolata nem hozott lázba. A történet viszont igen, érdekessé váltak a dolgok, megismerkedhetünk Ever múltjának szereplőivel és egy megoldandó rejtélyre bukkanunk. 
Mindent összevetve 4 csillagot szavazok meg M.Never történetének.


Genevieve review in English

I actually enjoyed the first hundred pages, it was exciting and full of emotion. I can sense that something is missing to make the story complete.

There was a close bond between Alec and Ever in a very short time. But what about Tage, Ever’s teenage sweetheart, who keeps coming up, over and over.

How many years does it take to forget and forgive the betrayal of the man we love the most? Yeah, this is where my problems begin. Ever does not make a choice, but why should she do that? She can get both of them, but I could criticize how. I've read more than 100 similar books, but this has given me a completely different feeling. I must admit I closed myself off and from there the relationship between the three of them didn’t interest me. But the story was really interesting, things have gotten more interesting, we can get acquainted with the characters of Ever's past and find a mystery that needs to be solved.


All in all, I vote for 4 stars for M.Never's story.


XoXo
Genevieve

Nincsenek megjegyzések

Megjegyzés küldése

Copyright © GCK's Book Review Blog. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co