Author Spotligh Week with Becca Steele | Day 2 | Interview

2021. február 16., kedd


Hi my love!

Today is the 2nd day of our Author Spotlight Week with the AMAZING Becca Steele. I have to mention that my first movie that made me cry was P.S. I love you. I cried like a child! ooooooooo and the book makes Becca cry 🙆 if you want to know more about Becca, you have to read the entire interview! Believe me, it's worth it.


What inspired you to start writing?

I’ve written short stories for as long as I can remember, but it was NaNoWriMo that inspired me to attempt an actual novel.

What is the first book that made you cry?

I honestly can’t remember, I’ve been reading all my life! One book that particularly sticks out in my mind as making me cry, that I read years ago, is P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern.

What was your dream job when you were younger?

I had quite a few! But for the longest time, I wanted to become a journalist.
 
If you had to do something differently as a child or teenager to become a better writer as an adult, what would you do?

I don’t think there’s anything that I would have done differently!

What was an early experience where you learned that language had power?

Probably reading the newspapers.

How many unpublished and half-finished books do you have?

I have two unpublished—one of which I have no plans to publish, and the other due to release in February!

What kind of research do you do, and how long do you spend researching before beginning a book?

It totally depends on the book, but because I don’t plot books, I normally research as I go, as the story is revealed to me. Unless there’s something specific about a character or location, then I’ll try to research that beforehand. It can be anything from googling, to talking to people I know about their experiences, or visiting locations that I want to use.

How many hours a day do you write?

It varies depending on how close I am to a deadline and how much of the book I have left. Anything from an hour to ten hours a day, sometimes even more!

How do you select the names of your characters?

Normally Google! Or I pick names I like/think will suit the characters as their personalities are revealed to me.

Do you read your book reviews? How do you deal with bad or good ones?

I rarely read my reviews. As for dealing with bad or good ones, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I appreciate anyone who takes the time to sit down and write a review. I try not to dwell on anything negative and focus on the positive.

What was your hardest scene to write?

Probably the ending of The Havoc We Wreak. The culmination of 3 books, so it was a really emotional moment

Do you have a favourite character that you have written? If so, who? And what makes them so special.

I like each of them in different ways, so I couldn’t pick a favourite! But I’ll say that Caiden Cavendish holds a special place in my heart. How he went from this angry, broody guy to really opening himself up to love and becoming someone that his loved ones could be proud of.

How do you come up with the titles to your books?

Most of the time, with a lot of help from friends! I’ve even done a title naming contest in my Facebook group.

When you’re writing an emotionally draining (or sexy, or sad, etc) scene, how do you get in the mood?

Music. Always music. I write to music 99% of the time, and I’ll often play a particular song on repeat until I finish the scene.

When writing a series how do you keep things fresh, for both your readers and also yourself?

For the readers, I try not to be repetitive. For me, I have to take a break in between and write something different, just to refresh my brain.

If your book was to be made into a movie, who are the celebrities that would star in it?

I have no idea! I’d probably like to use unknown actors, but I’d be interested to hear who readers would cast!

Are you working on anything at the present you would like to share with your readers about?

At the moment I’m working on an anthology piece, featuring side characters from a previous book.

Do you have any new series planned?

I do…there might be a tiny hint coming up in my next release…

Do you have a message for your readers?

Thank you for taking the time to read my books! I really appreciate you choosing to read them!


Becca Steele's Social Media Links

Facebook Reader Group Instagram Website

Nincsenek megjegyzések

Megjegyzés küldése

Copyright © GCK's Book Review Blog. Blog Design by SkyandStars.co